JCC Reno Project
A Fresh is On the Way
Dear Members and Friends,
We are proud to serve the entire Worcester community, regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation or affiliation, with a state-of-the-art fitness facility and first-rate programs and services. We are excited to announce the campaign for our new…
Auditorium, Youth Playground, Early Childhood Playgrounds, Courtyard and Lobby!
Over 1,000 members from our community choose to spend their time at the JCC each day, while thousands more participate in summer camp, basketball and classes at the JCC throughout the year. Creating better space where you can get fit, learn, and, of course, have fun is a top priority.
We are thrilled to announce we have raised over $400,000 towards our $665,000 goal, thanks to the generosity of the George F. and Sybil H. Fuller Foundation and the Stoddard Charitable Trust that got this campaign started.
We hope you will join us in pledging your support. We need the participation of our entire community to make these plans a reality.
For more information on this campaign please contact Andrea Sullivan at 508-756-7109 x 252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renovation Campaign Facts
- A renovation plan has been developed to upgrade the facilities at the Worcester JCC in order to appropriately support the current and future programs at the Center.
- The most critical need at the Worcester JCC is increased security and a new auditorium which has not been touched since 1967. We also need a new youth playground, which was recently dismantled due to safety issues, and a new courtyard and toddler playground.
- We are also enhancing security for the front desk area.
- The auditorium is our second largest space at the J. It is a multi-purpose room used for programs for all age groups.
- We do not have an audio/visual system, so it is difficult to host guest speakers and films at the JCC. We usually go to other venues.
- There is inefficient lighting and acoustics.
- The uses of the room are endless. For example, the auditorium is used for weekly senior chair exercise classes, after school and camp programs, author series, birthday parties, Karate classes, JCC annual meeting and preschool activities.
- The new playgrounds and outdoor courtyard area will provide:
- A safe place to play for our after school and camp children.
- More play area for the children to enjoy.
- A great place to gather for special JCC events.
- Less maintenance costs to continue to repair.
- Donations from charitable foundations and private gifts are off to a great start, but we still have more to raise.
- We are looking for your support to help us reach our goal.
- For more information on the campaign and giving options, contact Andrea Sullivan, Director of Special Projects at 508-756-7109 x 252 or email@example.com.
- Naming opportunities available