Weekend and weekday evening lifeguard and swim instructors
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must be 16 years of age or older.Must maintain an accredited CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.Must maintain an accredited Lifeguard certification.* KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Job Type: Part-timeRequired education:
- High school or equivalent
Required licenses or certifications:
- First Aid
Opening Lifeguard shift 5:15am-9:00am (18+yrs old)
Mid Day Lifeguard shift 9:00am-12:00pm ; 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Evening Lifeguard shifts 3:00pm-8:00 pm
Weekends: Lifeguarding between 7am-7pm (hours varied)
Swim Instructor : 330-530pm ; Private lessons (at your own schedule)
Job Type: Part-time