- About Us
- Early Childhood
- Health and Fitness
- Jewish Life
- Youth & Teens
Monica Maher, Membership Services Director, ext. 236, email@example.com
Babysitting is FREE for all members!
Babysitting offers your child a wonderful time while you take advantage of everything the J has to offer.
Babysitting is located on the 1st floor of the JCC and welcomes children ages 4 months to 12 years old. We can accommodate 12 children at one time including 4 infants (infants are considered 4 months – 12 months). The minimum stay is 30 minutes; the maximum stay is one hour, 30 minutes.
Hours and Scheduling:
Drop-in babysitting is available:
Monday-Friday: 8:45AM – 12PM (All year)
Saturday: 8:15AM – 12PM (Sept 1 - June 1)
Changes in our schedule will be posted on our website and on our J-Alert text messaging system.
Inclement Weather Policy
With a cancellation of Worcester Public schools, babysitting services will be cancelled.
Additional Babysitting Guidelines:
These rules were designed in accordance with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Office of Child Services to keep our children safe during their stay at the Worcester JCC.
1. Parents are responsible for the basic needs of their children and must perform care taking tasks required (i.e. taking child to the bathroom, changing diapers)
2. Parents are expected to respond immediately when such care taking needs arise regardless of what they are doing at the time.
3. Children are NOT ALLOWED out of the babysitting room unless accompanied by a parent.
4. Children will be expected to treat others, furniture, and environment with respect. Strollers are not permitted in the babysitting room. If your child can not sit alone he or she can be left in a car seat.
5. Ill children will not be allowed in the babysitting room, and must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to babysitting.
6. Children must be signed in and out of the room by the parent.
7. Parents must remain on the premises at all times when children are in the babysitting room. The babysitter must know where you are in the building.
8. Many children may cry briefly when separated from a parent, however, if your child does not adjust within a reasonable time you will be asked to return to the room.
9. Parents may only bring in their own children and not relative's children.