After School Special Program
Megan Catlin, ASSP Director, x 238, firstname.lastname@example.org
This is what some of the kids like to do at the JCC:
- Sara, from the 1st & 2nd grade group, likes doing her homework so she can have free play at home.
- Samantha, from the 3rd - 6th grade group, likes going to the gym and playing basketball.
- Colin, from the 3rd - 6th grade group, really likes playing foosball in the classroom.
- Simon, from the 1st & 2nd grade group, really enjoys playing GaGa.
This is why some of the parents send their kids to the JCC:
- "My mind is at ease knowing that my son is in the nurturing and safe environment of the JCC!! It's so warm and welcoming that my son is comfortable and happy."
- "The JCC ASSP offers so much - swimming, gym 2 x week, exciting projects in the classroom. I'm so glad for my son to have so many enriching and healthy activities to participate in after school."
- "Our son feels very much "at home" while he is in the after school program. When I pick him up, he is sweaty, happy and tired! Thank you!"
- "We have been sending our kids to the JCC ASSP for the past four and a half years and we have been very happy with the program. The program is professionally run. The teachers are mostly college students or college graduates with an interest in elementary school education. The teachers help the kids as the kids do their homework, play sports and games, and do other fun activities. The teachers communicate well with the parents and are receptive to the concerns of the parents. Both of my kids enjoy it and have met many friends.
Our EEC licensed ASSP program is designed for elementary school age children and meets afternoons after school, Monday - Friday from until 5:30 PM, with an extended care option Monday through Thursday from 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM, September to June. Trained teachers provide low child to teacher ratio. Our philosophy embraces the total developmental approach emphasizing children's social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Children engage in a variety of daily enrichment activities, teacher supervised optional homework club and use of our state-of-the-art facility including pool, gym and playground (days and times vary).
Program features include:
-Arts & Crafts
The After School Special Program follows the Worcester Public School Calendar and will make every effort to accommodate the Holden elementary school calendar for days when these schools are open and the Worcester Public Schools are closed.
ASSP transports children by bus from:
Worcester Schools: Abbey Kelley Foster, Chandler Magnet, Flagg Street, May Street, Midland Street, Nelson Place, Norrback Avenue, Tatnuck Magnet and West Tatnuck.
Holden Schools: Dawson Elementary
Children can sign up for any combination of days and may register for additional afternoon enrichment classes. Staff will accompany children to and from classes.