SENIOR ADULT INFORMATION
Our Senior Adult Lounge can be reached by elevator. Walkers and a wheelchair are available for those with limited mobility. Our comfortable lounge is used for programs, lunches, holiday celebrations and more. Stop by during other hours and have a cup of coffee and kibbitz with friends.
Van transportation is provided through the Gery & Emil Eisenberg
Assisted Living Residence. Transportation is available during the week for medical, nutritional, and other appointments:
• Reservations must be made at least 24 hrs. in advance between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm by calling 508•757•0981.
• The van operates within a 15 minute (not mile) radius of the JCC/Eisenberg Campus.
• One-way fee is $3. (To attend Lunch-Out and/or a program at the JCC, the one-way fee is $2.)
• You must have an affiliation with an organization or agency in the Jewish community.
• WEDNESDAY Grocery Shopping is a free service, thanks to the Lorraine Fay Linder Grocery Shopping Fund. The shuttle currently runs several Wednesdays a month from 1-4 pm, to Price Chopper on Park Avenue or Shaw’s on Gold Star Boulevard in Worcester. Schedule is subject to change. Reservations must be made by Friday.
• For schedule & further information, please call the Gery & Emil Eisenberg Assisted Living Residence at 508•757•0981. Limited assistance with transportation is also available through JCC Volunteers. For more information call Sue Granoff at the JCC 508•756•7109, x 273.
The Senior Department bimonthly newsletter, Mature Matters will keep you up to date on programs, travel opportunities and special events. Watch your mail!
A delicious Kosher meal is served every Tuesday & Thursday at Bet Shalom Apartments, 475 Chandler Street, Worcester. All are welcome...you need not reside at Bet Shalom! The best kept secret in Worcester! Reserve by 10 AM on Monday for Tuesday lunch and 10 AM on Wednesday for Thursday lunch, by calling 508-756-7109 - Sue, x 273 or Nancy, x 232. Transportation available.
Tues. & Thurs., 12 Noon, $3/fee, ongoing
PURIM LUNCHEON at Bet Shalom Apartments
Thursday, February 21 at Noon
If you have never attended "Lunch Out" at Bet Shalom, then this is a great opportunity! Join us for a full course meal featuring pea soup, crispy baked chicken, and hamantashen for dessert. In the spirit of Purim, for fun, the entertainment will be Jewish Trivia with Walter Levy, retired Framingham High teacher. Trivia categories will include, Bubbe's Yiddishkeit, mishpochen, food, movies and more!
All this for $3! The best deal in town! Please reserve by February 15, by calling 508-756-7109, Nancy x 232; Sue x 273
Learn new songs and relearn oldies. The group entertains at nursing homes and at other functions over the year. Our director, Christine Bergquist, is a multi-talented musician who teaches and directs a choir. Join us on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 10 AM - 11:15 AM, no fee
Questions contact Sue at x 273
For men 65 and better!! Join us on Tuesday mornings, from 9 AM - 10 AM for a light breakfast, lively discussion, guest speakers, and comaraderie!
$2/per meeting, ongoing.
Nancy Greenberg, Staff Facilitator.